Monday, March 3, 2008

RAWSOME


I have decided something. As of tomorrow I will be making sure my diet is as raw as possible. I do intend to still have an occasional brown rice dish and I can never ever give up potatoes, but have decided that I cook far too much for Mr's tastebuds (and metabolism!) and not enough for my own.



This is mainly health-motivated but I would be telling a large fib if I didn't admit that at least part of my motivation is weight-loss.

So, here begins a 30 day raw challenge. This also includes drinking only water and fruit juice and walking 1/2 an hour a day (which I'm already doing).

Mr doesn't know of this plan yet, and I'm almost certain he won't approve, but I'm equally certain that I'm far stubborner than he, and will win eventually:-)

This isn't really as radical as it sounds,-human beings have been eating raw foods as their primary food source since the dawn of mankind. I have amassed an impressive cache of resources for constant motivation and promise faithfully that I will stick to the 30 days and then eat something very very cooked (like bread or pasta). In the meantime, this will mean that I have to prepare two meals every night, but there is absolutely No way Mr would join me on this one. He only likes one kind of raw food,-apples and then infrequently. I rather suspect that eating only apples for 30 days would be truly stupid, nutritionally speaking. And no, I won't be existing on just salad. I will be making raw 'pasta' with zucchini noodles, raw nori rolls with soaked nuts instead of rice, raw soups, and will be drinking a large glass of 'green juice' every morning (greens, water, wheatgrass, banana, flaxseed oil, cayenne pepper).

I will let everyone know if I come up with any truly spectacular recipes that normal folks may enjoy:-)

1 comment:

  1. You have inspired me. Been teasing myself about trying a raw challenge and now what better time to start, you and your blog and Spring on the way.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete