Monday, March 17, 2008

Day 15 On the Downside


According to the standard BMI I still have to lose 10kgs to be in the optimum weight range for my height. Bloody hell,-there is no way in hell I can achieve that before the wedding. Guess I'll have to go for a lot longer than 30 days huh?
Current weight: (groan...this is so awful) 76kgs
Goal weight: 66kgs
Note: In High School I weighed all of 58kgs and considered myself 'a little on the heavy side'.
Stupid Goal: To attempt to reach 70kgs by wedding day
Eventual goal: To reach 60kgs and stay there.

It just struck me that I am obsessing about my weight. But how does one make positve changes in this regard without being entirely honest and eternally vigilant? I mean, I can't just trundle along and hope that the weight will fall off can I? (Sigh) what this essentially means is that anyone reading this blog who is interested in weight loss will be happy and contented, but everyone else (i.e. those that like interesting thoughts of any description) be warned.
THIS WOMAN IS ON A MISSION AND HAS A TENDENCY TOWARD OBSESSIVENESS. THIS WOMAN IS SICK AND TIRED OF NOT RECOGNISING HERSELF IN THE MIRROR. THIS WOMAN NEEDS TO FEEL FIT AND SEXY AGAIN. THIS WOMAN HAS REALISED THAT LIFE IS TERRIBLY TERRIBLY SHORT AND THAT ACTION MUST BE TAKEN NOW. THIS WOMAN IS OUT TO RECLAIM HERSELF AND HER LIFE'S POTENTIAL.





2 comments:

  1. the standard BMI chart would have us all looking like Twiggy (model from the 60's, did you ever hear of her?). I would rather hug a little flesh than a lot of pointy bones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly have no ambitions to be anything like 'Twiggy'! I like curves on a gal (even this gal!), but I want my tummy to go awaaaay:-) Just heading out for a nice long walk as we speak:-)

    ReplyDelete