Friday, March 14, 2008

Day 11

Friday....aaahhhhhh. Made it through the teaching week (just..no thanks to Cityrail), and am now looking forward to a fairly relaxed weekend. Just a nice picnic with the family tomorrow for Dad's birthday (yes, my family stretch these things out somewhat:-) and some fruit and vege shopping. Soooo looking forward to stocking up with good stuff for the coming week,-must remember to buy more chickpeas though,-don't want a repeat of wednesday (the scary chickpea-less day):-)
I looked in the mirror this morning at my side-on profile, and if I suck in, I have almost no tummy! There are a few extraneous wobbly bits around the midriff in general, but it is so gratifying to be able to see changes in my body. Very inspiring!
Put it like this; I bought a small packet of crisps this evening (out of exhaustion I think), but once I had my salad, found I didn't want them at all and happily handed them over to Mr to munch on (Note: Mr is a Gobbledok). Not one solitary crumb passed these lips. I am very very proud of me. Up until now I have been absolutely unable to refuse salty anythings. My salt cravings seem to have disappeared down the same hole as my taste for wine...wonder where that hole is?...I'd like to know, just for future reference.

Cybervixen (new moniker for Matron of Honour) looked Stunning in her peacock saree. It is possibly the most beautiful piece of fabric I have ever seen, just like a peacock. She will look soooooo beautiful on the day, exotic and different and womanly and divine. Goddess incarnate.
Anyhoo, not much else to report. The nimma-kitten killed two huntsman's this morning so I love her even more than usual:-) I'm going to have an early night, and Mr is fighting an icecream craving (he is pretty close to lactose intolerant). Still hasn't given in, so fingers crossed:-)



4 comments:

  1. More what honey? The 16 vestal virgins have left for the coast...Oh, meant to ask you, I need a new quilting project soon,-want one? and if so, what colour-scheme appeals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cam needs no energy invested in him, indeed he would feel guilty being the bringer of time and energy sapping. He knows he is loved without the coloured blankey. That said, he still enjoys looking at all the visually pleasing material thingies draped everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK. But I actually like making coloured blankies:-) Maybe I'll make you one that looks like food,-that should take care of everything in one fell swoop!:-)

    ReplyDelete