Monday, March 3, 2008

Not a good start

Well, I woke up and made my green smoothie and consumed 1 glass. I started to feel nauseous immediately, so the second glass went down the sink. Am now feeling a little better after an apple. Beginning to suspect that adding fruit to one's 'Green Juice' is of primary importance. I will try again tomorrow with a banana added and some fresh ginger (always works for me re: nausea).
I'm definately looking forward to lunch salad, but trying very hard to resist adding a cooked potato as a side dish! Cooked food is so much part of my life. Giving it up, even for only a month, is going to be very difficult indeed.
Beginning this 'raw challenge' in autumn has also made things a little more difficult I believe. Every autumn my kitchen has played host to casseroles, hot-pots, soups, stews, pies, roasts etc. Cold weather comfort food if you will.
Having said all this, my studies in Nutrition back up my decision 100%. Human bodies operate best on raw foods. No denaturing of enzymes, all vitamins and minerals present and accounted for, high fibre and high water content ensure a happy digestive system, clear skin, bright eyes.
Now, all that remains is to summon up substantial will-power from somewhere:-) I will need heaps of it shortly..once PMS kicks in my willpower will be negligible and my cravings titanic. If I can get through that little hurdle, the rest of the month should be a breeze:-)



No comments:

Post a Comment