Friday, March 21, 2008

Day 19, switch to McDougall's MWL 12 day plan

This will still be mostly raw, but will allow me a potato, or porridge or some brown rice. Why?
(a) it's suddenly cold. My body yelled at me this morning to put something hot in it.
(b) I have been very weak on this raw diet,-very
(c) Because I have a tiny fridge I can't have the variety I would like in my raw diet and I'm bored.
(d) I just can't take it anymore, It feels too much like restriction and punishment.

Sorry to disappoint anyone following this, but I have done 18 days of raw and am left unconvinced. I know that raw food is optimal for health and will continue to eat mostly salads, but I need the variety of a bowl of porridge in the morning, or a hot soup in the evening.
The other silly thing about me on a raw diet was that I rarely had the energy to exercise. If that's the case,-what's the point? You can't be healthy while eating salad and sitting at home.
I am passionately vegan and will always remain so, but I'm not sure I can be passionately 'raw'. I'm not entirely convinced that it is the optimal diet for me. I'm a Scot fer chrissakes. Cold weather is my norm as is porridge and barley soup with potatoes and kale. I'm meant to clamber about mountains like a bloody goat, not wobble about weakly like a heroin-chic runway model.
I will still weigh-in in 2 days and we'll see what happens. I have always trusted Dr McDougall's advice, research and judgement,-I doubt he'll let me down:-)



No comments:

Post a Comment