Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Duh


Note to self: Kiwi's do NOT ripen on the vine. Perhaps you should thunka this before giving Mr the go-ahead to cut it all back,-thereby losing at least 60 fruit.

For one who spends a good deal of time on the web, you would think it would have occurred to me to look this up earlier.

The only reason I figured it out at all, was this;

9am I head down to the washing line in t-shirt and uggs (v.v. attractive) to grab clean clothes. I notice a lone kiwi in the grass fallen from Mr's pruning efforts. I grab it with the intent of throwing it into the garden and notice that it has some 'give' to it. I take it inside with a weird mixture of elation and trepidation. I cut it open and lo! Perfectly ripe Kiwi sending out a fragrance so spectacular that I have to pop it into my mouth post-haste...and lo again! Waves of orgasmic deliciousness flood through my mouth.

The perfect kiwi. The kind you dream of tasting but have never bought in a shop. Those fellas are poor and anaemic cousins to the taste of this thing, much like a shop tomato compared to a sun-warmed garden tom straight off the bush.

I grabbed some secateurs and a basket and busied myself saving whatever fruit was left....6 kiwis are now sitting on the kitchen windowsill ripening....6!!!

Although I feel like the world's largest nob, I comfort myself with the thought that I will know better next year. (Please let us still be here next year! Please let real-estate lady not be lying when she told us we could have a loooong lease).

A pleasant walk down to Lawson in the chill breeze has me planning a spring bulb display...I am gagging for daffodils, jonquils, hyacinths and forget-me-nots (not bulbs but work well trailing in amongst them). Will be spending some of 'wishing well' on bulb purchases (as well as new fridge).

Am waiting for new batch of Chilli Spring Onion Rice to cook. Am obsessed. V.delicious and v.non-fat. Will serve this to Mr this evening with a chilli-garlic stir fry.

Meeting with Minister this evening re: final wedding format...nervous...but why?

Dress fitting tomorrow...excited. Dress will be nearing completion and am gagging to see it in all it's (brilliantly deisgned) glory=P

Trip to the Riff with mother tomorrow to source antipasto and cheeses in bulk for picnic baskets...will put my overwraught mind at ease for a few minutes.




1 comment:

  1. Oh, well overwraught mind will have to wait I guess,-important younger brother issues have arisen (again). Sigh. Not surprised.

    ReplyDelete