Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Day 2 part 2

Well then, -was a little concerned that I may have been pregnant but lo! twas just me being menstrual, although far worse than I've experienced in ages.
My chest was so sore and sensitive for the past couple of days, I couldn't bear a bra. My cramps were truly legendary (and still are). Bless Liz, the darling admin at the music school, she ran up to the chemist and grabbed me mersyndol. As a result I have been pleasantly stoned for a few hours (but blessedly pain-free).
I finished work early (due to the 'I-am-so-stoned-I-can't-even-spell-Beethoven-let-alone-teach-it) and went to wait for Mr at the Royal.
So, I grabbed a middy (yes, I know, not so wise to drink on top of mersyndol) a cigarette and my book and found a nice corner to be dismal in until Mr arrived.
And Lo! Some guy called 'Jason' asks if he can sit at my table. I say 'If you like' and continue reading. He then berates me for being rude; "How can I talk to you if you're reading?!"
I fold my book decisively and explain (gently) that he was welcome to sit at the table, being public property, but that I wasn't really interested in talking.
Jason (well in his cups) tells me that I am rude and cold and that he "just wanted to talk, not get into your pants or anything..geez!", I suggest that insulting my behaviour is perhaps not the optimal choice for engaging in further conversation.
I give in eventually and indulge Jason in meaningless banter in which he manages to insult me and woman-kind repeatedly.
Mr shows up and my heart rate slows.
Jason (the utter twat) then trys to engage Mr in a conversation about how hot 16 year old girls are, and isn't he tempted as a teacher to ''give em detention at your house mate!!'.
I have never finished a beer so fast in my life.
We leave as Jason looks blearily around for his next unfortunate victim.
Look, I know the rules. When one is sitting with a book and a cigarette one is quite patently busy and not inviting conversation. This is why I generally avoid pubs when alone. Apparently if you are female and unaccompanied you are just beggint to be 'seduced' by some yob.
What if I just want a beer, a cigarette and some 'down time' alone?????
Argh, I dislike Jason very very much. I hope he slips on a banana skin and ends up drowning in his 49th Schooner. So there.





No comments:

Post a Comment