Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Day 10






Can't quite believe Ive made it through to Day 10....Miss emotionally-driven-poor-impulse-control-lover-of-all-things-carbohydrate has found some kind of crazy inner self-discipline! Mind you, I've always been very good at last-minute cramming (years of Uni trained me well!). I have said this before, but I am a little surprised at how easy this way of eating is. Reading all the raw food blogs out there, I was a little overwhelmed with the dehydrators and super-foods and general 'Gourmet' approach. I did think, for a while, that I'd never be able to stick with this if all that 'fussing' was involved. It turns out that it's not really necessary,-well certainly not for a 30 day challenge anyway. If I do continue this after the wedding, I suspect I will probably get a little bored with my current diet and wish to invest in a dehydrator. It all seems like so much effort though. I've spent 32 years learning to cook and (if I continue) will now have to spend years unlearning everything and starting afresh.



Sorry to disappoint anyone following this journey, but I won't be weighing in again til day 14. Once a week is more than sufficient for me! I can't handle the pressure of daily weigh-ins:-) Clothes are feeling looser though, and that's a good feeling!



More importantly, today is the day I give away my first ever quilt,-that's right, it's my Dad's birthday. Happy Birthday Dad!



Well, it isn't actually a quilt,-more of a doona cover, but my heart was in the right place:-) I still haven't learned to 'quilt' as such. We have a class this saturday though so I'm hoping our instructor will finally spill the quilting beans. I would love to finish off Tiger's quilt (as a gift for my darling Matron of Honour) and get mum's colour-wash applique on the road to completion. I'm a bit worried about the poppy stems as I don't have a bias-maker and frankly, can't afford one. Apparently I should also have some no-fray-spray or some such too...expensive business this quilting thing.


I'm very tempted at this point to try and find a pattern that I like and just follow step-by-step instructions. I've been a bit of a quilting renegade so far and may be reaching too far too fast.


I just don't like most of the patterns I've seen. The whole organised geometric thing doesn't do much for me. I love scene quilts and colour-wash and garden quilts (like these);


Sigh. I need a big dose of patience and a magic fast-forward in quilting skills:-)
Also, very much looking forward to a visit today. My wonderful matron of honour is dropping by to show me the peacock saree she bought for the wedding...-drooling in anticipation! She is beautiful inside and out this girl, and will look stunning on the day. Her wonderful hubby (one of my oldest and dearest actor-friends) will be reading my excerpts from 'Far From the Madding Crowd' during the ceremony and I can't think of anyone who would do it better. Sooooo excited! Now the interim weeks are annoying. I want it to be tomorrow! I am certain that everyone is going to have a ball, and as we saw yesterday, the gardens are in fine fettle too. What fun!








2 comments:

  1. Hmmm.... I didn't realise the Everglades had a couple of resident peacocks. And by that I mean one (and a peahen).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep:-) Excellent value, this venue:-)Apparently there's about 5 in various gardens in the upper mountains, including 'percival' at sublime point.-he doesn't like people and is something of an 'attack'peacock:-) (So is Sir Andrew on accasion...)

    ReplyDelete