Thursday, March 27, 2008

15 days to go....


Yup, 2 weeks from tomorrow the grand hitching occurs. I'm still supposed to work next week, and like all brides, I can't get my head around everything at once. I had a dress fitting last night, and although the dress is magnificent, the body underneath is disppointing. Any waif-like people out there; this dress design would look fantastic on you!

Maybe it's a symptom of my scattered and stressed mind, but at this point, I am basically eating the same thing every day. It's wonderful, comforting, healthy and easy. I don't crave anything else. It's nice to go into the kitchen and not have to think about what to create. Mr is probably getting a little bored, but then he's quite happy to chow down on a pasta snack with some added frozen veges or 2-minute noodles.
I have refined my Chilli Spring Onion Rice and am now convinced it is utterly perfect. These days I am adding finely chopped celery (2 stalks) and a handful of peanuts and dressing the served portion with a drizzle of soy sauce.
I eat a small bowl of this with some steamed greens on the side. Early in the week it was Bok Choy, Gai Lan and English Spinach, but having run out of the aforementioned, it's been broccoli for a couple of days (good thing I'm one of those odd people that adores broccoli) occasionally supplemented with some brussels sprouts.


This combination of flavours is perfect. I have awarded myself a Michelin star for sheer brilliance. In other news, the RSVP list stands at 20 of a potential 15 with 18 confirmed 'other' guests (ie those that are bringing their own picnic). Wish they'd hurry up and ring,-it's difficult to sort out food quantities without the correct numbers!
I'm also busy trying to memorise my wedding vows. Shakespeare is much easier. I am having nightmares about forgetting them on the day. I will also almost certainly drop Brett's ring, stand on and tear my dress and develop a nice big nose zit. Harbinger of doom, me.
Right, deep breath. Get shoes on and walk to station. Try to be enthusiastic for music students. Try to stay awake after at least 3 nights of severely broken sleep patterns due to constant worrying about wedding issues. Try to get some sleep in forthcoming weeks. Try like hell to remember not to panic. Don't worry about people that haven't returned messages etc. They do not hate you. They are simply busy. Everything will be OK. Won't it?
















2 comments:

  1. Ergh. That's '20 out of a potential 50' (not 15). Banana banana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it is nice to not have to think about what to fix, and eat the same each day. My mother and daughter can't do that but I can. I wish I could say something to calm your fears about the wedding day. I'm sure everything will go just fine, just don't forget to breathe, nice deep breaths.

    ReplyDelete