Thursday, March 6, 2008

Day 3


Not such a good day. For starters, I have been stoned off my nut on mersyndol for the vast majority of the day. The effect of that stuff is quite extraordinary. It got to the point where I was considering that the pain would be easier to deal with than the extensive fog in my head and limbs.
I also cheated on my 30 days of raw. I added canned chick-peas to my salad at lunch-time and, craving something horribly after dinner, I gave in to half an english muffin with golden syrup.
I won't beat myself up over it though. Tomorrow is another day (thanks Scarlett) and with far less pain and more of myself available for decision-making, I'm sure I'll be back on track.
The raw zucchini noodles with tomato 'marinara' sauce last night was really really tasty, so I'll probably do that again (alot!)
I've been re-reading 'Far from the Madding Crowd' for a few days too and constantly reading about bread, cheese, ale and cider isn't helping my resolve:-) At the moment, the thought of some crusty bread, some tasty cheese and pickles and a glas of wine seems blissful,- even though I haven't eaten cheese in 2 years and rarely crave it. Books are dangerous and that's all there is to it.
All in all I am congratulating myself though. It's really not that hard to eat raw and my system in general seems to be loving the change. I feel light but not hungry and have that marvellous smugness that comes from staying on a 'Health-Kick'. Some see it as an 'awakening spirituality' but for me it really is just smug self-satisfaction.
I haven't approached the dreaded scales yet, and probably won't until I hit day 7. When I can see changes in my body, I will be happier to do the 'weigh-in' thing.
Looking forward to the 'produce-shop' on Saturday and the stocking up on goodness. Also pleased to be avoiding Coles with greater and greater efficiency. These days we only need toilet paper, salad dressing and Nimue food. Yay! The less of my money fuelling their corporate behemoth, the better.


3 comments:

  1. There's an article by Dr Karl on raw food in this weekend's SMH. Worth a look I reckon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Dale,-will check it out:-)

    ReplyDelete