Monday, March 10, 2008

Day 7


Sound the fanfare. After 7 days of 'raw' I have lost 2.3kgs. Yay me:-) This has proven surprisingly less difficult to stick to than I had anticipated, although will-power was challenged massively tonight when Mr made himself Mashed potato to go with his stroganoff. meanie.
Marvellous day though in which we popped up to Leura to meet with the new minister. My heart was already pleased when we pulled up to a gorgeous cottage complete with splendid lush dahlias, an apple tree and a cottage garden.
Heart gladdened further when The minister's wife enfolded us is warm hugs and exclamations of Joy. A sense of 'rightness' crept in as we went inside to lots of light, wood, books, pictures of Iona and a balcony dripping with grapes overlooking a massive strawberry patch.
I nearly cried with delight at the beautiful service he had put together for us, and was absurdly grateful when he not only approved all my readings but heartily enjoyed them.
Then home and my ebay ipod in the mail! Whoo-hoo! A leisurely lunch of Cath-salad with mum and the (not-so-pleasant) 4 1/2 hours of teaching brings us up to speed.
I am quite proud of myself at this point. 7 days of discipline and results to make me smile. A wedding that is going according to plan, oh oh oh! and a wedding dress that is possibly the most beautiful thing I have ever seen:-) Even I will look good in this creation. ....especially if I can lose another ooh, say 7.7kgs before the event. Wish me luck out there you lot. I need lots of help with this willpower thing:-)


4 comments:

  1. Loads of luck to you! I'll even do it with you if I come up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be silly dearest! I'll cook something fabulous for you and Mr and chomp away quite merrily on my salad:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raw sounds like a misnomer to me.
    It's still Prepared, so there's cooking in that sense, just not in the heating sense.

    But mind you I know next to nothing about cooking or healthy eating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, 'preparing' and 'cooking' not synonyms. I can 'prepare' a speech, I can 'prepare' a vege bed for planting,-neither involve cooking.

    ReplyDelete