Friday, July 20, 2007

vegan victory!!




Oh my, that turned out so well! I couldn't wait for it to cool down so we sliced it up and d it on sandwiches with ketchup for lunch!!


Here we go, Cath is about to launch herself into a full-scale seitan obsession.


Honestly though, it's so fabulous to be able to make my own 'mock meats' instead of having to buy pre-packaged crap full of presevatives and scary numbers.


So, seitan stuffed roast, seitan kebabs, 'chicken' seitan (use massel chicken stock instead of tomato paste), -looks like I'm going to have to stock up on Gluten flour some time in their near future.


I recommend buying this in bulk as we just popped up to the local health food store and 500g cost us $6.30.


I'll be even happier if I can make this obsession a little more fiscally efficient.


Oh so fun, oh I'm in such a good mood now, tra la la.......

2 comments:

  1. It's a gluten based vegan 'meat' thing. Really easy to make, low in fat (and other gross preservative shit) and very very versatile i cooking, also, extremely yum!

    ReplyDelete