Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Desperation Soup



Well my celery doesn't look like that. It was 3 or 4 pathetic yellowy inner stalks. My Kumera did look a lot like the sprouting effort on the right, and my carrots were bendy and droopy.
So, looking at these inspiring ingredients, and one sad little onion, the following recipe was created,-Desperation Soup.
Finely dice onion and celery
Add Chunks of Sweet Potato and Carrot
Add Spices and fry off until fragrant (I used 1tbsp curry powder, 1 tsp cumin)
Salt and Black Pepper to taste (1 dessertspoon of pepper if you're me:-)
2 tbsp Massel Chicken Stock
2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast Flakes
OOOH! I just remembered, I have some frozen corn kernels in the freezer,-hang on......
Ok, about 1/2 cup corn kernels added!
My soup method is as follows.
Fry off all the veges and stuff, add wtaer until it looks about right and then boil the buggery out of it. In this p[articular instance I will also give it a whizz in the blender with some soy milk at the end so I have a 'Creamy winter vegetable chowder' rather than pathetic desperation soup.
Oh, yay yay yay, I have some stale bread too so croutons will be sprinkled too liberally on top!
Oh, and if you happen to have garlic chives in the garden (as I happen to do) you could garnish this with a sprinkling. I'm home alone tonight though, so bugger the garnish.
Ok, I'm now ready to go on 'Ready, Steady, Cook!' (as a Chef obviously, not a contestant...:-), I wonder if they'd mind all my dishes being soup?....



1 comment:

  1. Wow, it's actually surprisingly good. Very thick, creamy, fragrant and flavoursome. It may even be a second-serve effort. Hm. Shame I'm craving pasta...:-)

    ReplyDelete