Monday, July 16, 2007

Lethal links

Well bugger me sideways. This is what happens when you're up late and are bitten by the infamous curiosity bug. Cameron, you are directly responsible for this:-)
Having had a few interesting conversations about the identity of the infamous Dale Slamma, I decided to follow Cam's links and read her blog. Great writer that girl. Really interesting stuff. However, having read her blog, I then felt compelled (after reading about 'Rupert Soup' to follow her links to Rupert's blog. I have now seen photographic evidence of a man coming into his own mouth. Rupert soup indeed.
Of course, when reading his blog I was determined to be all free-thinking and sexually liberated, but went to bed feeling faintly filthy.
Having said that, I thought his phiosophical and numerically ordered tips on swinging were particularly well-written and suitably philosophical, and found myself thinking, 'Well, fair enough then,-what exactly have I been thinking al these monogomous years?'. A large part of me agrees with his philosophy that we are simply not naturally inclined to monogamy. My anti-establishment vegan self begs to differ. I'm sure we're all naturally inclined to kill our enemies, shit in the bush and never bathe either, but luckily some of us have chosen to submit to social niceties. His piece on gay sex was entertaining (if brief), but all in all the (quote) 'fabulous' Rupert (who seems to have a substantial female fan-base) comes across as a self-centered nihilist with nothing much more than sex on the brain. Sex is indeed a fascinating topic (on tuesdays and saturdays) but to dedicate one's life to it's intricacies seems a sad waste of intellectual potential.
I have a pressing question: Do men actually want to taste their own emissions? If so, how many of them have? If they have,-how many will admit to it? What about women? Are we all essentially auto-erotically fixated? Yes, I realise that was 5 questions, but it's kind of a slippery slope topic.
The big question: What does Rupert's mother think of all this?

1 comment:

  1. Rupert's mother died when he was three or four. Rupert's blog is indeed mostly about sex but Rupert himself is not. He is an interesting intelligent man.

    ReplyDelete