Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The times, they are a changin'

Firstly my alarm didn't go off. I made my train, but was a little messy about it all. I walked from Central to the interview, it took 45 minutes and made my nose run and my cough worsen. I interviewed with Titania, which was all very pleasant and relaxed. I was given a t-shirt that wasn't as awful as I had imagined, an outline and a working with children check. I walked to Town Hall to meet my brother, went back to his apartment and cooked us up a chilli-tomato pasta for lunch. This we ate with Freixenet and 'The Commitments' on the stereo. He offered $30 000 for a show I really want to do, and I peered suspiciously at this person that looked like my brother, but sounded like a stranger. I somehow made it back to Central and coughed all the way home in very dramatic fashion. So dramatic that people moved away from me in the train. It isn't ebola but sure felt like it with people glancing with suspicion and impatience at me as I gasped and hacked and generally made a nuisance of myself. 10 minutes freezing walk got me home and pretty quickly to bed.
Today I have to teach (blerch),..but it's the second last day of term so I will down Codral and soldier on. I will also have a lovely ylang ylang bubble bath, copious cups of tea and a bowl of potato and corn chowder that I whipped up this morning. Hey Ho! With tea in hand and smelling like a garden I can take on the world!
I don't find out about this job til Wednesday next week. I am not going to fret about it. I will forget it and carry on as usual. Off to start phase one of survival,-the bubble bath.



2 comments:

  1. Good luck! Can I have the recipe of the potato and corn soupy thingy please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course my love:-)
    Will post it up now with news about my bottom:-)

    ReplyDelete