Friday, July 18, 2008

Happy Birthday



Well, that was a great success by all accounts. We served Cauliflower bisque with sourdough rolls, sweet potato and lentil pie and steamed veg, mudcake and soy ice cream, fruit salad and a lovely Merlot. Little brother blew out his candles in the wind and the fire was roaring. The stereo twinkled serenely in the background and family laughed and talked and ate LOTS.


Post-feast, little brother and I popped off to the Garden Centre so he could buy himself some pressies. I had a marvellous time tripping about my native turf suggesting, cautioning and offering sage advice in one of the few areas I outflank him in:-) We bought parsley, shalotts, thyme, marjoram, coriander, chocolate mint and a beautiful ti-tree and erica for his balcony. We also bought potting mix, poo and native plant formula, liquid fertilizer, a dinky purple watering-can and pots! OOooh the pots! Two rainbow-glazed beauties for the shrubs and 2 marvellous stone planters for the herbs. Added was a gnome that mooned and a doggie that begged with a pot in his paws (anyone using this for busking would be sure to earn double!). I get as much pleasure buying things in garden centres for others as I do for myself...hell any excuse really:-) I am especially fond of the Wentworth Falls garden centre as they play ABC FM throughout the premises...calm, relaxed and 'civilised'.

Mum did mention that our family seemed a little incomplete without dear Lydgate...at which I suffered a momentary pang, because of course, he should have been here with us. We shall make it up to him next weekend. Perhaps a trip to see Batman and the mother/chick cooking up a feast? I shall ponder a marvellous menu and spread the birthday cheer:-)







1 comment: