Sunday, July 27, 2008

GULP

It has just hit me. That large tyre-iron of responsibility. My ears are ringing and my vision is cloudy. I am starting to believe that I may actually have taken on far too much this term. 2 jobs and Uni via distance education seemed do-able, in theory.
It may end up working itself out. I certainly hope so, but sheesh,-talk about ridiculously busy. Every hour of every day is spoken for. I am waving a teary goodbye to marvellous days in my cottage with bubble-baths, gardening, walking in the mist, listening to lovely music and nesting. Mr (although he isn't aware of this yet) has just waved goodbye to fabulous meals created on such days. Mr will now have to deal with thrown-together affairs at the end of long days that may or may not be edible.
It has also just occurred to me that I haven't left any room in my schedule for shopping. Maybe I'll have to go high-tech and order online...there's a scary thought.
I've also left myself no room for creative pursuits. There is definately no space left for Wilde in the gardens or my touring Shakespeare.
I had also planned to walk the road of motherhood soon. Can I do all this whilst pregnant? I'm sure I will settle into some kind of routine with it all, but it is rather overwhelming at the moment.
Add to this residential school attendance, sale days and planning school holiday workshops....gah! Would everything be easier if I had a blackberry? Why didn't I just study ONE subject and get a nice sensible 9-5 job?



No comments:

Post a Comment