Saturday, June 28, 2008

Unusually bold

I sent off my resume to a very very important and impressive company. I decided to take the advice of rich people and to move boldly. Apparently (according to my fiscally impressive friends) half the battle is believeing in yourself enough to aim higher. I have always gone for the 'safe' jobs,-you know, the ones you turn up to be interviewed for almost as a courtesy because of course you'll get the job. This time I'm putting myself out there...quite a long leap over my line of safety and security.
I have been cited various and numerous instances of people getting jobs through sheer force of personality, impressive adaptability and just general intelligence and affability. I am also determined to get a pay-rise. If this means changing jobs,-so be it. If the current lot won't give me one, maybe there is an employer out there who will value me a little more highly...and his sister runs quite the successful lingerie line...



2 comments: