Friday, June 20, 2008

Careful the things you say...

Children will listen.

OK. Fired up, all engines blazing. Annoyed again by economic rationalism and the 'plight' of the poor beef farmer. Boo-friggin' hoo. I have changed jobs constantly for the last 15 years according to necessity. Sometimes this went against our family traditions, sometimes against my pride and ability, sometimes against my own code of morality (BP....), but Jesus H Christ,-don't try and tell me that beef farming is all you have or you'll die. Bored with that argument. I once said the same thing about acting and music. Oh?....not in the same ballpark? really? I have had to change, reinvent and compromise in order to surivive. Try it.
Do not sully my intelligence with half-baked romanticism about land and family. Try training for5 15 years to 'expert' level only to find that society couldn't care less. I can't rope a steer but I can sing an aria, play anything from the BWV and teach the aforementioned to anyone who takes the time to try.
Of course, I am far less tragic than the 'drought-stricken farmer'. They do 'real stuff'.
Our government wets their pants to help the cattle-torturers but is mute for our artists. Obviously, one brings captal, the other brings only joy and questions and despair and elation and fury and apathy etc. I am now charging $1.66 per thought.



No comments:

Post a Comment