Saturday, June 7, 2008

It's only as odd as you feel









Three cheers for me. I made a small (mostly unnoticed) stand. Lydgate and Mr went off to the movies and I went to Blackheath for coffee with my family.


Everything was going fairly well until mum brought up the possibility of a Jazz collaboration between me and my brother. I turned icy and suggested we not talk about that.


The whole table did a double-take, then a triple, and my brother looked hurt...and then I felt guilty.


I shouldn't. I'm sure he was relieved beyond belief, but I still felt awful.


It's a shame he doesn't and won't. But there it is.


The world of Mr Meistersinger is reassuringly intact and I have put myself firmly in the place he has appointed. Yay for everybody I guess.


On a positive note, my feathered beauties are visiting me every day. I stand on the balcony watching them for obscene amounts of time absolutely fascinated by avian antics. That bird feeder was seriously the best present Mr has ever bought me.


Tomorrow I'll go for a drive with Mum and Dad and enjoy the countryside. They will be afflicted (and have been duly forewarned) with the script of the children's show I'm writing for the Acting Factory. It isn't terrible, but as usual, I have no idea how it ends. It will most likely come to me at 3am when I'm desperately trying to sleep. By 8 am most of the inspiration will be gone, but I'm too lazy to sacrifice sleep for (ahem) 'art'.

3 comments:

  1. Will you have the same birds year round or do yours migrate to different areas with the change of seasons like ours do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Q: What do you do if a bird shits on your windscreen?

    A: Never take her out again.

    Seriously, be firm against your brother, but if you resort to revenge tactics you may feel awful about it for a long time (I always do). Besides, if you do the nice thing maybe he'll start to model his character after yours a little?

    The ever-patronising Dr Phil, signing out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, we pretty much have the same birds year-round (very temperate climate!), and thanks Dr Phil. I'm just in a funk right now. Sure I'll snap out of it soon:-)

    ReplyDelete