Monday, August 27, 2007

stolen apples


It's a night of reflection and blergh-dom, so some snooping into other people's lives was required. I love reading Dale and Gem. They remind me of the writer I wanted to be (and the inner-city lifestyle I still, occasionally, get misty over). This wee quiz stole from the superb accordian girl, who stole it from a blue smurf. Tag-team theft is fun in the early hours with a good bottle of chardonnay and a cigarette.


1) Name two factors that majorly influenced your childhood.

1) My warm and dour Scottish Grandma who warned everyone out of her kitchen but whose garden was a place of magic and wonder

2) The unbelievable patience and goodness of my father.

2) What is the most recent thing that has surprised or shocked you?

The vitriol aimed at vegans when we speak out about anything at all

3) What makes you feel like a kid again?

Climbig trees, jumping over river-rocks, making dams in streams for no good reason, being ill and having mum come over to make me tea and toast. Catching penny lizards.

.4) If you could design something of your own creation with complete access to everything you need at no cost, what would you create?

Can I have two?

1) Thousands of hectares of lovingly restored land filled with animals rescued from all exploitative industries,-feed and veterinary acre for all, and jobs for all vegans who wish nothing more than to help.

2) A splendiforous production of Wilde's 'Salome' with Nubian slaves, pyrotechnics, full orchestra, digital images and sound fusion, tonnes of publicity and the best actors in all roles.

5Do you have brand loyalty? If so, to whom are you loyal?)

Benson & Hedges (Shameful, but true)

6) Name an unusual pet peeve you have.

The sound of the television if no-one's watching it. Play with the PC, listen to the stereo, -whatever! Just don't have the TV on at the same time. Noise is bad.

7) What was the last thoughtful thing that you did for someone else?

Cleaned Brett's room and added a teapot of fresh freesias and blossoms to his night-stand. (...Not that thoughtful,-I prefer a clean house....maybe the flowers count?)

8) Growing up, you were known as the kid who ___ .

wouldn't stay inside.

9) What is your most notable trait?

erm...ask someone who notices my 'traits'...Cam? Brett? Anyone? Do I have one?

10) Do you enjoy getting dressed up? Why or why not?

Only if I'm not having a 'fat day'. Fat day= 'trussed up' not 'dressed up'. Dressing for a character? Yes. -Highly enjoyable.


Go on Cam, Dale, Nick, McInley, Gem....answer some silly questions:-) Pweeeeease??!!:-)




2 comments:

  1. Okay, I started filling this out, but it just got so utterly angsty that I stopped. It kept asking about my childhood, which was horrible. When they say "what makes you feel like a kid again?" they probably mean carefree and things, but to me that says "what makes you feel small, powerless and lonely?" which is a very depressing question to answer. So I stopped. Send me some happy questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do! (Just give a bit o' time), as a self-proclaimed quiz addict, I shall spend far too much time coming up with sumpin' or other:-)

    ReplyDelete