Wednesday, August 15, 2007

How do I tell them?


OK, so I took mum and dad up to Lillianfells the other day for coffee to show them where Brett and I would be spending our wedding night. It was lovely. We had tea and biscuits in the lounge, were shown the rooms and had a great time wandering about checking out the facilities (with me in trackies, a jumper and sneakers!).

The upshot is that mum wants to take Gavin to 'Darley's' (their restaurant) for his belated birthday celebration on friday.

Well and good, except it's $75 per person for two courses and $98 for three. Now, Brett and I can afford this for our wedding night but...that's it. We just can't do it.

The $150 needed would feed us (and Nimba) for two weeks. The spending of said amount would literally mean we wouldn't shop for two weeks.

This is difficult;

(a) it's my brother's birthday...it should be an indulgent 'I Love You' thing

(b) my brother is rich..this is normal for him

(c) my parents can well afford their part...it's only Brett and I who are the flies in the ointment

(d) if we say we can't come due to $$ they will feel they should pay for us,-which they can't afford

(e) if we cancel ' for some other reason' we'll be seen as uncaring and flippant

(f) is it petty of me to not want our 'wedding night' place to be previously eperienced by others? (even family?)

(g) AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH


It's wednesday. The booking is for friday. What do I do???????
(It should be mentioned that we're taking out a loan for the wedding/night/reception) our normal income is woefully inadequate.

No comments:

Post a Comment