Sunday, August 12, 2007

Six Foot Track.....





Let's do something different guys.

Today, I did about 1km of the Six Foot Track (starting in the Megalong Valley), and it struck me that a shared walking/camping experience with all my favourite people might just be a fabulous thing to do in September.

We should take 3 days and go from Blackheath to Jenolan. It's absolutely spectacular scenery and a great walk suitable for most fitness levels (even mine!). We'd remember it forever, and have an absolute ball filling up on fresh air, general silliness and camp food!

It also struck me that I have always loved camping and tramping, but haven't done it in ages. D'ya wanna?
Just let me know if you're interested and I'll try to find the time to do all the organising. Those that don't wish to walk,-car pickup at Jenolan on the last day would be greatly appreciated! (My parents have offered but obviously, they can only fit 4 people in the car. Depending on how many of you want to come,-we may need someone else to do some driving too.
I know this all sounds horribly fit and healthy and not at all like what we usually do (sit around and drink....), but I think it will be oodles of fun, and will create great memories for us all...
I should mention that you probably don't want to come along if you don't have the following;
(A) A Tent
(b) decent walking shoes
(c) camping gear (including a good backpack)
I'm happy to organise to an extent, but I can't be buggered sorting out everyone's sleeping/eating arrangements, so that part would be entirely up to you. (Mind you, if Millie and Boo come along, we're almost guaranteed the most ridculously delicious camp food you've ever experienced:-). I'd also suggest a camera or two be included, and a guitar (if anyone can be buggered carrying the damn thing). I would go booze-free too. Don't know about you, but I don't much fancy climbing up hill and down dale with a hangover:-)
If I have no interest, I'm still going to try and convince Brett to do it with me and we'll go alone, but it would be nice to make it a group event. See what you can all do and get back to me:-)





2 comments:

  1. That sounds excellent, but for my one week off I've arranged one last excursion to my grandparent's farm before it gets sold off. Plus I don't have a tent unfortunately :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn shame. Oh well, the way it's shaping up it looks like only Brett and me (will still be amazing, I'm sure!). Never mind, the track isn't going anywhere, perhaps you could slot it in somewhere later down the 'track':-)?

    ReplyDelete