Tuesday, August 7, 2007

It's aliiiiive


I'm just a shameless cheapskate. It's a fact, so stop howling "No Cath, you're a Goddess!" (It gets tiring). I was doing some trawling a few weeks ago and came across one of the strongest weight loss pills available (apart from ephedra, which, let's face it, is more expensive than speed and works about the same), It's called Lipovox (insert registered trade mark etc) and was developed by a Hawaiin colleg student after watching Oprah. So far, peerless credentials right? Well, I then looked it up in detail and there were, like, heaps of testimonials from people with real-sounding names like Tara from Virginia, and Karen from Michigan.

The Ingredients are quite impressive:


acai berries
barley juice
cayenne pepper
wheatgrass
garlic
buckwheat
flaxseed
alfalfa
lactobacillus acidophillus
soy
green tea
salmon
alpha lipoic acid
dmae


So, OK. Quite impressive (apart from the dead fish). But I looked hard for the 'weight loss' ingredients, i.e. something that would speed up metabolism or burn fat. ONE ingredient stood out, ye olde Cayenne.

So, instead of spending $65US a bottle, I decided to whip up my own version of the above, just out of curiosity.

So, I bought a cannister of powdered greens (alfalfa, barley grass, spirulina), some flaxseed oil and some cayenne pepper.

In the spirit of Scientific experimentation I have had a glass of my 'mix' every morning for 6 days. To be totally objective, I decided not to exercise (Lord, that was sooooo hard) at all during this period and observe any weight loss.

Now, at the risk of sounding like a testimonial, it has had some results.


1) It certainly wakes you up of a morning. (That would be the Cayenne) my usual reaction is 'Whoo! Whah! Sheesh! Blah Blah....erg! Zammo!'

2) My skin looks fabulous. Really smooth and spot-free.

3) Crows-feet seem to be reduced (to my eye)

4) I have lost 2kgs.


Also, my stubborn abdominal bits have reduced! Things are a lot firmer! Now, I DID NOT exercise. I went up to Springwood a couple of times to run errands, but apart from getting in and out of a car and usual walking from post-office to bank to supermarket...nothing.

So, I guess the Cayenne works huh? I'm equally certain that the cayenne would work by itself but I figure that the extra vitamins from the greens and the omega 3's from the flaxseed can nly be of benefit.


I hate that women all aver the globe spend thousands upon thousands of dollars for these miraculous weight loss pills, so if there's a way of replicating the effects cheaply and efficiently, I wil spread the word.

Of course, this was not a clinical trial. I would love the backing to make it into one, but,-hey, it's too dan simple.

So, I will continue to experiment with my little concoction, but I (legally) urge everyone else to hold off and see if I'm dead in 6 months before you jump on this bandwagon. Wow, I feel soooo Frankenstein.

2 comments:

  1. Think of how hot your abs would be after some sit ups! Whoooey mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I often imagine that,..then plan to do tomorrow...then get quite busy and um, don't:-)

    ReplyDelete