Saturday, August 2, 2008

Lovely lovely Sunday

I adore my day off. The sun outside is warm and gentle, the day is still and cool. I slept in, had a leisurely breakfast whilst reading the paper, did a bit of admin, went for a stroll, cooked seitan for this weeks sammiches, and am just about to assemble some vegan pizzas for dinner. Nearly out of yeast flakes though, and that in itself, is quite a tragic shadow over my otherwise relaxing day:-)
The week that was has fled, and the week yet-to-be is fast approaching. I am patting myself on the head smugly for surviving without any major dramas. Mind you, my every muscle is screaming...that would be the direct result of not having done a full-on actors warm-up in over 12 months and then doing 5 sessions in one day. Speaking of which, I am unduly disturbed by the inability of most children to touch their toes. I will change this:-)
I was intending to do some study today, but am trying to convince myself that it is ok to have an afternoon off once a week. Microbiology is an old friend, but statistics and I have never had a warm relationship...
I have a little Cam in one of my classes. He is horribly bright, cheeky and irrepressible...as a result I adore him to pieces. He is so much like our Lydgate it's almost scary:-) I don't mean to play favourites, but it is very hard to remain aloof with this mischevious little sprite.
I am considering an afternoon nap. This seems unbearably lazy, but the idea just won't be shaken. Don't judge me too harshly,-I think I'm going to give in to the impulse for once.



2 comments:

  1. I encourage as much time off as possible. 'Tis good for our health to take time out and have a walk, get some light exercise, or relax in front of the fire.

    Doctor's orders.

    And can I refer to him as Mini-Me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you can. He is:-) And can you order me a day off from work tomorrow too? Just kidding, I'll probably be back on top of things after a good nights zzzzz. Don't forget to follow your own advice puss:-)

    ReplyDelete