Saturday, August 16, 2008

Katoomba hospital saw my bum

That was fun. Pain kind of hijacked the right hempisphere of my skull for a few hours and 3 mersyndol didn't even touch it. So I was bundled into the grey beetle of salvation and promptly deposited at Casualty. A grumpy triage did my obs and I was deposited into emergency. There I waited with a worried Mr, with pain making speech impossible until a white-haired doctor who sounded like Tom Waits felt my head, took my obs again and finally sent for a male nurse to shoot me up with drugs. Now someone other than Mr has seen my bottom. He didn't even tell me what a lovely shade of white it was. Mr tried to placate him by singing a few bars of the Flower Duet from Lakme, but the station nurses started looking thunderous.
Apparently I had a migraine. Never had one before, but am left with tremendous sympathy for sufferers. Dr Waits did test me for a temporal something-or-other but my very special something or other readings were only 11 and 17...apparently that means mild inflammation consistent with viral infection.
I think they should send ones blood to the micro lab and come back with a picture of your very own virus. "Here, this is what you have..show it around at work in case no one believes you". My virus must be very very large with hook-like tentacles and a bad attitude. I suspect it has poison sacs lined up along its barbs and special headache-toxins that race through neural pathways shorting them out (visuals like on medical shows).
Anyhoo, I'm stoned off my nut now. More drugs in me than I would have thought possible. Early night a definite, and serious bed time on the morrow. Another 6 day week approaches and I would prefer it without the screaming agony this time.
All Scottish holidays hereby accepted,-no cooling-off period required.



1 comment:

  1. Yes, that was it. I mustn't have any giant cells though, cos that ended up not being what was wrong with me:-)I also hate acronyms, so I probably forgot the test names on purpose. If I had temporal arteritis, I could have had time off work...grrrr

    ReplyDelete