Monday, August 18, 2008

Lorikeets and Millie's Mix







Woke up at leisure, gorgeous winter sun streaming through the kitchen. Sat down to chilli rice and a cup of tea and Kaz Cooke's "Up the Duff" but should have touched wood. Definately not pregnant again this month. Grrr.

Thought, "Well, that sux, might as well do some sucky admin work just to top it all off" and did.

Have found a gorgeous assistant tutor for Saturdays. Faulconbridge will be awash with Grrrl power henceforth.

Realised that too much time on word puzzles was unhealthy and that Mr hadn't had a great meal in some time, so whipped up an onion and 'parmesan' pilaf with some nutty soy burgers for his dinner. This will be served with a nice big salad that only I will eat. He won't mind at all.

Tomorrow is the start of the evil 4 day stretch that wipes me out. It begins at 8.30am with marketing conference calls and doesn't end until 2pm Saturday.

Oh, need to pop into the doctor too and pick up my mega-painkiller prescriptions too. All so much fun. The good news is that my broad beams, shallots and garlic are sprouting merrily and my daffodils and jonquils look strong and healthy. The feathered beauties that frequent my pear tree destroyed my cabbages but left the spinach alone. The umerrow woke up, loved to a sunny spot, slept, woke up, moved to a heater and is asleep again. She lives a marvellous life. I think I need another word game now....













2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to relive the B'Burra experience again this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww:-) I'll be sure to plan something suitably fab for your digestive pleasure:-)

    ReplyDelete