Sunday, August 24, 2008

Before the Fall...

A little bit of pride in seeing my vegan views published. No idea how big/small the readership is, doesn't matter. I have a small glowing coal of satisfaction. Tomorrow Mr and I give up the nefarious cigarettes. I have two left that I will smoke tonight in order to make Monday 'clean'. Apparently smoking adds 10 years to your fertility,-which means I have the same chances of becoming pregnant as as 43 year old...not good. Mind you, it's an old old habit that probably should be chucked in the name of progress. Will busy myself researching animal rights/smoking-related issues. I haven't done this before because I didn't want to quit. Now I do, and I need ammunition. My health has never been sufficient reason. Global warming, land used as cash-crops, the economics of third-world countries and animal testing may just do the trick.
In other news we finally had Lydgate at the cottage on saturday/sunday and I got to feed him again. I forgot how lovely a thing this can be. He grinned so hard when he and mr picked me up from work that my heart leapt. This boy is a lovely thing. We shall whisk him off to Caloola as fast as humanly possible and walk in the bush together. We will cook and play cards and silly word games and have adventures. This thought will keep me going for the next 4 weeks of teaching.



No comments:

Post a Comment