Sunday, April 6, 2008

Gah!






It's raining! Not just raining, but raining. This shouldn't happen. The weather is mean and nasty.
Usually I adore rain/mist/general atmospheric condensation but NOT THIS WEEK! I feel selfish for even thinking such thoughts though as Lydgate and Superman have just lost their step-father to cancer. I also feel terrible asking them to celebrate with me as soon as next weekend. I'm not sure there is any way to do this well (although all suggestions gratefully received). I will completely understand if their smiles are only half-deep.


I have had a bizarrely wonderful day though. I woke up and did the quick blog/fspazbook check and was saddened and strangely shocked by Lydgate's announcement. Ma and pa kettle dropped in though to take me up to Katoomba co-op to buy 'supplies'. As a result, I now have 5 beautiful quinces (complete with fuzz), a pomegranate, another handsome green squash, walnuts, pecans and some fabulously dirty spuds. How many brides, I wonder, search for such things to decorate their wedding? How many brides squeal 'No! It's far too clean! Bring on dirty produce!'...We also stopped for tea and banana bread and that is never a hardship:-)

A quick check-in with Tyrian-the-wonder-seamstress and we discover that I can pick everything up tomorrow! For a woman who isn't 'into' clothes, I am terribly excited:-) Tomorrow is also the first hair appointment...goodbye gray, goodbye red, and a big HELLO to hair that is actually matched to my natural colour. After the hair event I will buy all cheeses and biccies for the picnic baskets that I packed and tagged today. Things are on the move.
Also discovered that one of my all-time favourite men, Mr Charlton Heston shuffled off his mortal coil this morning. At 84 he'd had what my dad would call ' a good innings' (cricket metaphors are par-for-the-course with my dad...although I apparently prefer golf....). 'El Cid' is still one of my favourite films and I adored Ben Hur in spite of the immense animal cruelty engaged in to film the famous Chariot-race. It was a 'voice' thing with me and Charlton. Boo's mum would understand...Rest well Sir.
Then I had the loveliest chat with my often absent little brother. He is terribly excited about this hitching and transferred serious $$ into my account to pay for hair and makeup (plus a kicker to make my life easier). Sooooooo grateful, as I was literally down to my last $2 and envisioning turning up to Hairdresser's shame-faced tomorrow to cancel. Last-minute to be sure, but very very welcome. Even better, he will stay around for all the festivities on the day and not have to rush off to a gig somewhere! Oh it will be the merriest of parties! Even if it rains.....(sob)...it will clear up...it will.







No comments:

Post a Comment