Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Thankyou dearest:-)


Thankyou for making me believe I was beautiful for one night, when everything else in my life demanded the opposite opinion.


Thankyou for your eyes filled with dark secrets.


Thankyou for forgiving me everything and encouraging me to make more mistakes.


Thankyou for your mouth in the rain, your hair in the firelight, and your prolific poetry.


Thankyou for your hands, your laugh, your smile, your child-like enthusiasm, your inspiration and your constant forgiveness of my faulty voice, my average sight-reading, and my endless foibles.


Thankyou for coming out even though it broke my heart.


Thankyou for choosing me across a crowded room and talking with me until dawn...and then making me feel as though the world had disappeared.


Thankyou for Tom Waits, Yellow roses and demanding that you see my eyes.


Thankyou for your ageless beauty, your constant giving and your belief that everything I do is a stroke of genius.


Thankyou for coming in for coffee, kissing me until the stars swam and then staying forever.


Thankyou for accepting my difference and loving me anyway.


Thankyou for coming with me to realms of midnight and madness. For Doghead, for Curlew and Craven, for making High School a joy, and for your ethereal beauty.


Thankyou for being the friend that dismissed our first meeting, loved one of my best friends, opened my mind, drank with me on fridays, cooked up a storm and is still mistaken for being me.


Thankyou for making me experience obsession, pain, passion, denial, philosophy and friendship by post.


Thankyou for your talent, your beauty, your accent, your charity and for coming to my little brother's Symphony from half way across the world even though I am a complete stranger.


Thankyou for being my rock, the mirror of my faults, the only one who gets it, the most patient and forgiving being, the gentlest and kindest of people and the most vocal appreciator of my cooking.


As previously posted; every sentence is aimed toward a differet person.















2 comments:

  1. Hmmm.... I think I know which one I am, but I'm not sure. I know which one Brett is definitely! A couple of others I think I know too (especially after last Friday at the Ori)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hint: your mentions sight-reading!

    ReplyDelete