Monday, October 29, 2007

Redressing the balance




I've been so caught up in Symphonic madness of late that my essential kitchen therapy has been largely ignored. This is why I have been grumpy and out-of-sorts. So, today I will put in 5 hours of solid work on the Symphony and then do some very 'Cath' things.


First; clean the kitchen until it sparkles


Second; Wash all 'Fiddler' costumes (and hope like hell it doesn't rain)


Third; create scrummilicious meal for long-suffering fiancee consisting of crispy potato pancakes, roast balsamic cauliflower and parsnip with walnuts, crisp green salad with raspberry vinaigrette, honey sesame broccolini, peas and english spinach. Mini vegan cheesecakes for dessert with soy ice-cream for the Brett.




This will take my spaghetti-like brain and rearrange it into a calm and orderly place that is quite capable of dealing with future symphonic stress.




All this activity will be accompanied by my new 'anti-stress' CD which includes Sakamoto, Vaughan Williams, Ladies in Lavender, Pride and Prejudice and Meet Joe Black. The kitten is sleeping in stretchy-mode on the carpet, the sun is shining, the neighbourhood is quiet. I can achieve this. I will now walk away from the computer and reclaim the day.






1 comment:

  1. Ah yes... stretchy cat sleeping mode is funny to watch.

    And the food sounds extraordinary, as usual.

    ReplyDelete