Tuesday, November 20, 2007

SCREECH!

I really love Cicadas. No really. Every time my fur-kid brings in another green beauty to chomp on, I promptly save it. So, my reaction to walking into my backyard this morning was surprising. I was hit by a throbbing, pulsating wall of high-pitched screeching. Every Cicada in NSW has gathered in Valley Heights for a clan-bake. If I had an enormous gun full of deadly insecticide (thunk I..) I would douse the entire valley. This constant noise does very bad things to my edginess levels.

Mind you, I am edgy for other reasons. Half my world has been reduced to brown paper boxes and the other half needs to be packed pronto. I have also recently swallowed a lead-weight of 'Oh My God' when I realised how much removalists will cost me.

Nimue is cranky and swipey (of course). She knows something's up.

I also have to venture out into the screeching heat this afternoon to teach for someone else. This is not a huge problem, just another thing that gets in the way of packing. Through all this though, I have plans. I am not a mouse, or a man, so I have every expectation of fulfilling thiese plans.
The front garden of the new house needs love...badly. While at Faulconbridge fruit-market yesterday I found some gorgeous white hydrangeas and some espaliered star-jasmine. For $100 I can get 4 hydrangeas and 3 jasmines. This will be my new front garden. Hydra-Jasmine-Hydra-Jasmine etc. There is also a beautiful pale pink briar rose twined about my letter box that needs poo & pruning.

So, although there are weeks of teaching, symphonic carrying-on, packing and trips to NZ to be planned, I DO have a beautiful garden to take it allout on very shortly.
Oh, and I know what I want for Christmas. Anyone at all, please feel free to buy me lucerne hay, pea-straw or poo. I'm not fussy about the variety. Am also calling for bags and bags of rich compost. Please do not wrap said bags of poo nor place them beneath the Christmas tree.

Oh, just in case I know rich people. A large Persian Rug wouldn't go astray. I have a log-fire in my new house and it told me it wanted a persian rug in front of it. It has vanity issues I think.

Where's all this promised rain BOM? Waiting.....



No comments:

Post a Comment