Monday, October 1, 2007

Ungeplant


I had intended to do the kitchen; clean out the pantry, put things in order. Baking with baking, Sauces with sauces etc. It was a good plan. Then I went out to mornig tea with my brother...


He suggested that we drive out to Mudgee for the day.....

I am becoming a Taurus. My first thoughts were 'but I had planned to do the kitchen/ I haven't planned this/ This will be an unknown energy-drain/ Will I have enough unplanned energy to manage three hours rehearsal after this trip?'


Then I realised I was a Gemini and said 'why not?'.


So me, my brother and my father drove to Mudgee. We 'ooohed' at the appropriate greenness, we 'tsked' at the inappropriate haze. We discussed religion, performance, teaching and the implications of higher moral philosophy on existence. We tasted, lunched, purchased and drove home.

1/2 an hour later I was Jewish girl having her wedding destroyed by a Russian Pogrom.


I loved the 'Abercorn' vineyard. It had Wisteria and a cat napping 'neath lavender. Gavin chose the 'vixenesque' merlot, while I went for the 'raw and naked' unwooded Chardonnay.

(All their wine is described via various sex-metaphors...my father stood by wondering where he went wrong;)

I am now officially exausted. I do have the ingredients for Cam's banana bread though, so tomorrow I shall address the neglected pantry and make some warm and fragrant banana bread for liddle Cam.

I should have bought a case of the Chardonnay though...great drop.




No comments:

Post a Comment