Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Must be due


Must be. I looked at the kitchen mess this morning and welled up with tears. I am in quite a state of anxiety. I'm not sure exactly why, and that makes me even more anxious.
Something is up when I don't want to cook, I can't bring myself to clean and the thought of teaching fills me with a pale panic.
Poor Mr will get home from school today and find a less-than comfortable nest. I just can't do it.
I was going to do a great number of wonderful things this morning but a big nasty fog has settled on my will and my mind has turned into fragile glass.
I have to go and put makeup on and will myself to the train station. I am frightened of the world today. Fear itself is a very big thing to fear. It has no boundaries and can swallow you up in seconds.
Is this a fabled 'anxiety attack'? I didn't think I was susceptible to those. This is one day that I'm not at all grateful to learn something new about myself. Yesterday's Cath was a much better thing. Rewind please.


2 comments:

  1. Did not even your garden make you feel better? Plus it was fresh and rainy today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even my garden didn't work! But hey, I WAS due, so that explains A LOT! I think I have a serious case of workaphobia though that ties in with a natural tendency toward indolence. Apparently I panic when I have to do something useful:-)
    Back on track now though and writing a cookbook. (Why not,-it's saturday). May vanity-publish and inflict veganism on a few more poor souls...tee hee

    ReplyDelete