Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What Brett gets for dinner when I'm on holidays...



All day to do very little, crisp autumn air, cool breeze,-obviously cooking is the thing that needs to be done.

So, in my endless quest to make Gluten 'meats' as well as those damn buddhists, I set about making 'Chicken' cutlets. I added and subtracted and included crazy things that shouldn't work at all. I kneaded and pressed and crumbed and fried.


Not too bad methinks. I checked a little bit off the edge of one and it is distinctly 'chickeny' although the texture wasn't exactly what I wanted....maybe I shouldn't have pressed.


So Mr gets chicken seitan cutlets, pepper gravy, roast spuds, roast pumpkin, carrot, kumera and cauliflower with ginger and preseved lemon, steamed greens and chocolate cake for dessert. In other news, this is the coolest artwork I've seen in ages.
A gorgeous little 'wunderkammer' of fairy artefacts. it's hanging in the revamped Edge Cinema art gallery. There's a surprising amount of great stuff up there actually. Catch a film, peruse the art and all that...we did this on our 1st wedding anniversary the other day. Oh, 'Race to Witch Mountain' isn't about witches. If you like aliens and teenagers and rotten storylines, you'll love it. Other than that, I would like a glass of champagne and $200 to spend at the Green Gourmet grocery,...and cooking classes with a buddhist chef, and to have my hair done all pretty and stuff, and another $200 for my garden, and to lose 10kgs, and to go horse riding in autumn colours, and the 'Wuthering Heights' soundtrack, and to be pregnant. Just today, I'll have to settle for chicken seitan and about a million veg. Cheers.












No comments:

Post a Comment