Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Quilting Disease





Oh yeah. I have definately caught the quilting bug. I really must learn how to do this by machine though, as each square on dads quilt is taking me about 4 hours to sew by hand. The 10 squares I have done have totalled over 60 hours....60!

I have started trawling other quilters blogs and have been astonished by people who say 'This is what I finished this weekend"..and lo! a complete quilt.

I have also decided that I don't like the colours I used very much and that I really must spend more time planning these things....

by far the most inspirational blog I have come across so far is http://www.exuberantcolor.blogspot.com/, this woman is amazing. Years of experience speaking.
The picture is one of hers. Yep, I have much to do. For starters I have to come up with some way of making dads quilt half-way decent. I am comforting myself with the fact that this is my first attempt and that like all adults embarking on a new learning curve, I must try to reconcile the fact that I may not autimatically be brilliant at this for a few years yet. Grrr.



2 comments:

  1. The sewing shop in Richmond runs short courses on machine sewing for quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou:-) I am (as usual) trying to go 'self-taught' as far as possible, but this is handy information for my eventual and inevitable 'practicality epiphany':-)

    ReplyDelete