Saturday, January 26, 2008

Australia Day

Well, that was jolly exhausting good fun. I don't know if it counts as patriotic but everyone at my house was australian...


Mind you, I am completely and utterly rooted as a result of my social weekend. My brain leaked out my ears whilst laughing at the Tiger-Muffin showing me 'Wee' this morning. One would be hard-pressed to find a more joyous way to awake than to have a curly little moppet telling you all about her walk with daddy and then showing you how she wee'd. I haven't laughed that hard in years.


A very fine weekend with my very favourite people in the universe and lots of yummy vegan nibblies. Yes, I imbibed a little too freely and am now paying for it, but hey,-it's the long weekend. I'm certain I'm not the only one with a pounding head today. It would have felt downright un-australian not to drink.





It is not often that one is treated to their very own live wiggle-esque performance of an evening. Cock-a-doodle-do indeed:-) These two have children's performance down to a fine art indeed. Speaking of wee,-I suspect Lydgate nearly wet himself at this point in the evening.



My two favourite girls. The Tiger-Muffin is examining a ferrero rocher with the diligence such an undertaking deserves. This child is utterly delectable and that's all there is to it.


I also bought the material for my wedding-dress on friday. I was unaware that material could cost $180 a metre. I still feel slightly ill at how much cash was parted with for a dress that I will wear once. Ugh. This wedding-business is a wrought from beginning to end. Having said that, the material is very pretty indeed, and it will be the nicest thing I have ever worn. Ever.

We have pure satin, shot silk and a wonderful embroidered netting. I have also discovered the joy that is to be had at Cabramatta (who woulda thunkit?). As soon as I start earning again I will be back there in a flash to stock up on chinese brocade fabrics for quilting. $7/m -fan-bloody-tastic.

























2 comments:

  1. Indeed my pelvic floor was in full tightness as Nick and Milly treated us to their slick, choreographed performance. It was almost like it was straight out of a musical, where everyone suddenly bursts out in song and dance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which is sooooo weird at my house:-)

    ReplyDelete