Friday, October 10, 2008

Another $100 spent very well








This is what happens when you casually 'drop in' to a garden centre on the way home from grocery shopping...
I have been a busy little bee this morning, planting massey peas, snow peas, cucumber, beetroot, onions and arugula.
Lots of marvellous rain yesterday and tonnes of big clouds looming today,-best time for planting.
I am well on the way to a burgeoning edible garden! Now to find my camera so I can chart its progress...
Mr has popped off to buy me some lucerne mulch and I have another half bed of peas to put in, -ahhh, the perfect afternoon. Dinner tonight will be a roast vegetable pie with lots of balsamic-dressed salad. On days like this I wish I didn't have to work EVER. I am a happy little grommit faffing about with seeds and dirt and mulch.
In other news, we stopped off yesterday at 'Grazings' restaurant in Gundaroo for a brilliant brilliant meal. This little gem is well worth the trip with tasteful cosy decor, excellent staff and 2 hectares of edible garden to wander about in pre or post meal. Mains were about $25 and worth every cent. I had a truly divine beetroot, kumera and onion jam pastry with mesclun salad, Mr had a divine ravioli with capers and slow-roasted tomato, and Lydgate tucked into a hearty puy lentil and bean stew with parnsip mash...divine tastebud indulgence.
I highly recommend all people eat marvellous food and spend lots of time growing food in mountain gardens...very good for the soul:-)





1 comment: