Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Ouch in many many ways





Bloody hell. Even with Lydgate's strong arm and fabulous hoeing skills, I am as sore as all get-out after yesterday's gardening efforts. Mind you, yesterday saw the completion of all the really hard garden work. All beds are now prepped and most are planted out. I can now go on holidays in peace knowing that my garden is in proper working order.

Lydgate worked like a man possessed. Oh how I adore that boy today:-)

Apparently, according to some meaningful quasi-scientific facebook quiz, I show and appreciate love through 'Acts of Service'. i.e. don't tell me,-show me and vice-versa. I will cook you a feast in a second, but will rarely say anything 'lovey'.

Following, yesterday worked well. Lots of affection was communicated through soil, food, sweat and mulch. This is as it should be. Hoorah:-)

2 more days of teaching and then holidays! As of friday, I will have the head-space to plan the ultimate vegan Christmas feast. This involves pulling out all my favourite cookbooks, brewing a large pot of tea and pondering at my kitchen table. It would be appropriate at this point for an unusual cold snap to come in and wreath my garden in mist.

Vaughan Williams will be welded to my CD player, soy-milk will be purchased in bulk, and a shiny new pen will be obtained for the planning notes.

Now to find the motivation to teach this afternoon...I know I put it somewhere....




No comments:

Post a Comment